TONI B
TONI B
  • Omaha, NE

Recommended carpet for high traffic area??

Peggie LoveJeanette SFloorNerd

My husband insists on having carpet in our living room/hall area. This is our major living space so it sees a lot of activity. We have grown children, a large dog, and 4 cats. I've tried for years to get wood flooring but he is set on carpet. Any suggestions?
  • FloorNerd

my suggestion is don't go with a light color. I made that mistake in my livingroom and cuz the kids and every one not taking shoes off I had to shampoo it not even 2 months after the carpet was I stalled.

• Jeanette S

We went to wood in the living room but laminate in the den because I got sick of paying thousands of dollars and within a year it was in need of cleaning! And it never stays clean once that factory finish is washed out! I love laminate! Rugs soften the floors.

• Peggie Love

Just for the living floor i have a beautiful indoor/outdoor carpet I bought from Costco big to 8 x 10 is???? Then all you do is clean when needed. It can take just about anything and you can shop and change it out when you get sick of one pattern. My I/O is different leaves on a background of earthtone colors, tan, sage green, nice chocloate, and touch of a yellowish red. Its nice and if i could ever learn how to take pictures with my cell or my camera and then post on here I will show it to you.