Daniel W
Daniel W
  • Virginia Beach, VA

Bonding glass to ceramics

Kittie WickmanBeckyAlva Sapp
+9

My wife and daughter have been making serving dishes out of ceramic plates and glass bottoms like candle stcks.They use a two part apoxy and sometimes it works and sometimes not.Does anyone know of a better adhesive to use?Thanks.
  • KMS Woodworks

I've had some good results with some hot melt glues...at least with some of the glass work.

• Paul M

Pure silicone works perfectly, everything has to be very clean though. If you can find some clear polyurethane caulk that works too. The key is keeping your adhesive flexible and epoxy gets hard and brittle when it is cured. That is good for some applications but not for yours. Some hot glues have a good amount of flexibility too but I can't recommend anything specific because I am not familiar with the product.

• Daniel W

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Dod348120

Marine glue by GOOP is all I ever use...its indestructible!

• Teri

E6000 works wonderful.

• CS

E6000. Find it at Walmart and almost anywhere. It's in a tube.

• Carolynm

E6000 is my choice!

• Panhandlelil1

E6000 is the best glue for bonding glass. I have used it for years. Just make sure you really want to glue the pieces. They will not come apart once glued.

• Heidy

Locktite Go2 gel is fabulous for bonding glass and is waterproof

• Alva Sapp

There is a product called glass to glass super glue. It dries clear and worked well for me when I glued ceramic knobs to a mirrored drawer. I bought it at Home Depot.

• Becky

I use E600. I made a really fun one...couple of weeks later, I dropped it on the tile kitchen floor. The top part broke, but the bonded part didn't! :)

• Kittie Wickman

E6000, clear will work well. I've used it for garden art and it hold up in the rain etc.