Dried Herb Firestarter

Use dried herds to make a firestarter. The fire smelled amazing! The aroma from sage, lavender and thyme is a wonderful change from a regular campfire and. It also helps repel bugs. This firestarter would also make a great hostess gift for anyone who has a fireplace or wood burner.
I just love herbs! I use fresh herbs in baking and in drinking water. So, I thought I would dry them and use the herbs in a slightly different way. For my firestarter I used sage, lavender and thyme all from my neighbor Amy’s garden. I have to say that lavender is my favorite and when burning in the fire…ah-mazing! Did you know lavender is a natural bug repellent?
I took the three different herbs and wrapped the bunches with twine. Then, I placed the herbs in separate paper bags and let them dry for about one week.
I also added some pine needles, pine cones and small tree branches to the firestarter. I bundled everything together and wrapped two white paper dolies around the firestarter and tied it with more twine.
Place the dried herb firestarter into your bonfire. Carefully light the paper on both ends with a match or lighter. Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy!

Katie

• RoseToti

Great idea...Thanks

• Kri12557785

This makes me want to plant herbs . I have a wood burning fireplace and of course a firepit in the back yard. I will try this in the summer. Thanks