Fall Pumpkin Wreath W Dollar Store Items

$7

Today I'm sharing my new Fall Wreath I made with Dollar Store items for under $7. I'm not kidding. I made one last year but wanted to make something new, out of the box and different from what I've seen out there and of course "On a budget" too.
I made one last year but wanted to make something new, out of the box and different from what I've seen out there and of course "On a budget" too.
I love the way it turned out and my neighbors and friends can see it from the street too.
I bought these 4 Styrofoam floral wreaths and these 2 orange foam pumpkins at the Dollar Store and knew I had some fun scrap fabric, paint and burlap in my stash I could use.
I painted the orange pumpkins white and it took about 3 coats of craft paint. I even mixed a little ivory into the white. When I was done I dry brushed a little tan in the crevices so it gave them the aged look. Then I put them on a cutting board and cut them with a serrated knife.
Then I pulled out this pretty Ralph Lauren Charlotte fabric out of my stash and cut 2 strips and began wrapping them around the wreaths and using a dab of hot glue here and there.
Then I hot glued the wreaths together.
I then drew free hand on lined paper the letters F A L L in pencil and cut them out.
I then traced them onto the pumpkins and began painting them with chocolate brown.
Once the pumpkins were dry I hot glued them onto the wreaths.
I cut strips of burlap and made them into a great bow. I then cut some very small pieces of the garland to add in behind my bow.
There's my new Fall Pumpkin wreath on budget = total cost to me under $7 because I had the fabric and the burlap. This wreath is part of the Link Party post so come on over to the blog for over 400 more great ideas to look at too.ColorsWreath. Please come on over to the blog as I always have a lot more to share there and you can see last years front porch and wreath too!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Sandy Adams
    Sandy Adams

What did you put on the backing? Did you use ribbon? Also what did you use to hang it

• Delta Kuhn
      Delta Kuhn

I bet you could use a nice coordinating fabric to use to make a hanger type loop. backing would most likely be the fabric she covered the wreaths with.

• Karen K
    Karen K

How much material did it take to make the wreaths?

• Liz Sitton
      Liz Sitton

Hi Karen; I got the wrong styrofoam, and I got round circles instead. I covered them with fabric and put the teal rhinestone,blues pumpkins. The fall letters are white. I tried to ut gorilla glue ,hot glue,bit I cannot keep them together. What else can I do. Also, can I get a piece of styrofoam and glue everything on the styrofoam and call it finished.

• Robin Margliano
    Robin Margliano

What size are the pumpkins and wreaths please? Thanks!

• Sophie
    Sophie

Thanks for sharing your idea, I had a great time making this.

• Mammaw
    Mammaw

Love your fall wreath. Are use yours for him for inspiration and this is what I came up with. I love it. Thank you