My Potting Bench, Watering Can Collection & Pumps

About 15 years ago I wanted a potting bench, but they were pretty expensive, too expensive with three kids at home. I saw a work bench kit in a Menard's flyer for $39. I talked my husband into putting it together for me, and I stained it. It was pine and the boards were seconds but I thought it was perfect and rustic. It has become a focal point of my outdoor decorating.
http://organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com/2012/07/potting-bench-whiskey-barrels-and.html
This is the Menard's work bench kit that became my potting bench with my watering can collection.
The watering can on the far right is a European design.
My hanging baskets are planted in galvanized pails. I have put holes in the bottoms.
On the far right side of the potting bench are my vintage water pumps, an old metal gas can and vintage gas nozzle.
The whiskey barrels next to the pumps are planted with verbena, brachome, ponytail grass, alyssum, bacopa and petunias. A vintage mop bucket is situated in the center of the oak barrel for a double decker planting.
Right side of potting bench.
A sign painted by a friend and local merchant hangs over my potting bench.
Left side of the potting bench has another barrel with mop bucket, watering can, and chicken feeder.
Right side of potting bench.

Organized Clutter

• Barbara underwood

I love your collections. I do have to ask where you live? I live in Southwest Florida and the heat and humidity is brutal on so many things, including metals.

• Karla McCullough

I'm totally inspired by the diy project. I have a spot beside my garage that I've been trying to think of what I could put there. 😀 Now I know. Thank U for sharing. What an inspiration.

• Mimi

I absolutely LOVE this!!! 💕 Thinking how I can modify it to my garden’s style... feeling inspired. Thanks for sharing you beautiful work.