Sewing & Craft Table

This week marks one year since purchasing our new home. Today I want to talk about my sewing space which is pinch-me-I-can’t-believe-I-get-to-sew-here wonderful. It is organized and functional. I can get a lot done in this space. The only thing that I have never addressed was the possible need for a New Sewing and Craft Table.
While walking through Ikea I saw something in the kitchen area that totally grabbed me. It was a Varde free-standing counter with a butcher block top. I immediately knew that it was practically perfect in every way. I mean ~ would you look at those drawers. And, it is kitchen counter height, which is ideal for a sewing and craft table.
This table has a ton of surface space. There are two choices for countertop sizes and we went with the larger top which is 57 1/2″ x 39 3/8″. This gives me an overhang on the back and my cutting mat can sit side-to-side (more on this below). Since having this set-up I was able to layer two quilt tops ~ something I hadn’t even considered before. Cutting out patterns is a dream because most of the fabric is on the table surface.
To read more about my sewing and craft table visit:

Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Seasoned Homemaker

• Cheryl Barba
    Cheryl Barba

This looks like a great solution for all of us "sewers/quilters". Ikea does have some good cabinets. Just have to be careful, sometimes, of the 'stability' of some of their pieces.

• The Seasoned Homemaker
    The Seasoned Homemaker

This table is extremely steady and very heavy. It is actually a free-standing kitchen counter.