Sharron W
Sharron W
  • Memphis, TN

Front Porch Bench Makeover

The Bench we keep on the front porch broke a board...and realistically we've been working on the house itself, so I didn't realize just how shabby it had gotten until I looked at the photos I took before and after. Well that said I re-finished the Bench and am sure happy with the new look.
Old Bench Picture 1
Old Bench Picture 1
Old Bench Picture 2
Old Bench Picture 2
Refinished Bench Picture 1
Refinished Bench Picture 1
Nre Refinished Bench Picture 2
Nre Refinished Bench Picture 2

• Linda

I have a bench the whole bottom needs replacing where did you fine the wood that is smooth on the sides

• Jud2871498

We did the same redo of our bench, we sanded the edges that could be felt when you sat down only, the inside wood did not change the comfort of the bench. We stained it almost the same color. Looks great.

• Sharron W

we bought regular lumber and sanded it.
  • Louise_Zielinski

Love it! What color blue did you use?

• Sharron W

I don't remember what it was called, I used it all... but it was rustoleum brand and I know they still sell it...
  • Sandypralle

What kind of wood did you get to replace the broken board & how are the boards attached to the bench? Our bench has the screws coming into the board from the side.

• Sharron W

There are screws on the sides, if you look closely you can see them at each end of the boards... we just bought lumber close to the right size and sanded it for smoothnes....
  • Cindy Curry Fleenor

Did you spray paint it?

• GranArt

love that blue and black combo.

• Melba Jean Dobson

i have this same bench BUT, i hit the steel/metal leg with lawn mower & broke it ! got any ideas on how to fix that ?? & yes i love the colors of your bench & thats how i want mine soon as i fix the legs !! thank you !