Wine Cork Mosaic Pinboard

$0
1-2 Day

I hereby confess that I am a list-junkie! I love to organize my work and my thoughts with small lists and every time I write down a new entry on one of my lists, I feel very sorted and a bit more freely. Most of my lists rather fly around in my flat but for my blog lists I wanted to create a special home.
Finished pinboard.
You will need many wine corks - I used 33
Other materials and tools: A sharp knife, paint, two pins and good adhesive (eg epoxy resin)
You can find either here or at my blog a tutorial about how to best cut wine cork.
Instead of painting my cork slices with a brush, I dipped them with the help of two pins directly into the paint. This uses up more paint but my paint is old and needs to be used anyway. Everyone who wants to save paint, can of course also use a brush. Since I did not know before if I would use my blue cork slices, I only photographed my white ones.
Finally, you just have to arrange your wine corks in a beautiful pattern and glue them together. You do not need an extra suspension because you can use the gaps between the slices for nails. The possibilities for shapes, colors and patterns make my head spin and I'm sure that this is not my last cork mosaic!
If you like to see more of my projects, just visit my blog ;-).

Ronja Lotte

• Diane Minnella Marretta

Not a big wine drinker but can you buy the corks?

• Socorro Martinez

Dollar Tree sells a bag for $1 - Idk how many are in the bag but I've seen them while shopping for other items...

• Siegrid Monika Yebba

I collect corks, but many are not the real cork anymore. They are not nearly as porous as actual cork. Can they be used in the same way?

• Sharon

I think as long as they will use a push pin to hold a message, they could be used. They might break apart from use faster than real corks

• Marsha

How many inches for the corks when cutting them.

• C.h.

It looks like she cut it in one inch (1")