Painted Wood Floor

I have hated my parquet floor since we moved into this home, and finally decided to take matters into my own hands. I started by sanding the entire surface. Then I painted the entire floor with 2 coats of white paint, sanding in between coats. Be sure to let the paint dry between coats. Next, I painted the entire floor with a cream colored paint and let it dry. Finally, I handpainted the squares...each square is 4 of the little parquet squares together. After all of the paint dried, I sanded the entire floor for a worn, cottagy look. Find the entire tutorial at http://www.mom4real.com/2012/07/painted-wood-floors-country-living.html

Mom4Real

• JoANN

How about sanding and restaining with a grey or white stain

• Maggie

It looks gorgeous! I have a couple questions thou....Has it stood up to the test of time? and did you seal with a poly? My floors are horrid. They are not parquet, just 100 year old hard wood. I have kids and animals so spending the money to refinish (even if they can be refinished at this point) would be like throwing money in the trash. I have huge areas to do and have been thinking of testing it in one of the bedrooms. I was just wondering if they have lasted. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Maggie
  • Lea19636399

what kind of paint do you use?

• Lea19636399

what kind of paint do you use?

• Donalda

I'm planning to paint the same ugly parquet in a small bathroom. What you've ended up wouldn't work, because the space is VERY small and closed in - want to make it feel as big as possible, so think just one light colour would work best. Thoughts? Do you have any other tips about kinds of paint to use? Haven't done anything like this before and was a little afraid until I saw your post, basically applying my same idea. Thanks!.

• BeckyA

Actually the larger color blocks will make a small space look larger:)