Sharron W
Sharron W
  • Memphis, TN

Mom's Furniture Risers

My Mom has Spinal Stenosis and recently had a knee replacement with an additional rod put down her shin...She Canot sit on her furniture because it's too low and she can't get up...Not being able to afford replacement furniture...I built some risers for her couch...but it also had to Not Slide on her tile floors...they are a little crude, but they work like a charm!
Assembled-Almost Complete
Assembled-Almost Complete
Top View-Now to sand all the rough spots and paint to match the tile floor.
Predrilling for assembly
Predrilling for assembly
The assembly....Then Sand, Paint and staple Rubber Shelf Liner around the Bottom section. Voila! a couch Riser that stays put on a tile floor!

• Lynette

I need to do this. I have had 7 hip replacement surgeries, and 2 back surgeries and need to do this.

• Cynthia Walker

Couldn't you use a 6" X 6" and cut the height you want? Then you wouldn't have to screw 3 pieces together?