Decorating For Halloween With Upcycled Finds

Decorating for Halloween can be fun and make your home unique for the Spooky season. Keep an open mind when out shopping at thrift shops and yard sales. Don't focus on what things look like now but think about what an item CAN be.
This candelabra was a simple thrift store find. I gave it a fresh coat of paint, embellished it with a skeleton key to the front for added interest. I placed candles that I semi melted inside each holder. Perfect for a Haunted Library!
Love the look of old books? They can be incorporated into your Halloween décor. I created this Spooky book bundle by adding a vintage skeleton image, black ribbon, another skeleton key and dripped it in blood!
Adding branches from your own backyard can add to the creepy feel of a Halloween vignette.
This elegant candelabra was a dated, gaudy thrift store find. With new paint and some crystals it is now elegant and classy. It can be displayed all year round or added to a Halloween vignette.
This is what it looked like before it's makeover!
Add good old fashioned cobwebs to your Halloween décor to finish off the look of your Haunted House.
Create your own upcycled Halloween Décor or you can shop the look on my website at www.LisasCreativeDesigns.com

To see more: http://www.lisascreativedesigns.com/lisascottageblog/2014/09/decorating-with-upcycled-halloween-decor/

1 comment