DIY Outdoor Tiki Hut using Repurposed Materials

Last summer, my husband built a little tiki hut beside our pool. He used bamboo pieces that were originally for some type of trellis. For the smaller pieces in the ceiling, he cut fresh bamboo from the side of the road. We purchased the thatch from Home Depot. Long bolts were used to secure it. To see more, visit my blog at http://awalkinthecountryside.blogspot.com/2012/05/tiki-hut-reveal.html
Our Tiki Hut
Our Tiki Hut
Ceiling of Tiki Hut
Ceiling of Tiki Hut
Another view of ceiling and roof of tiki hut
Repurposed  trellis frames
Repurposed trellis frames
A Walk in the Countryside

• Juliette

Did you have to special order the thatch from Home Depot? Your tiki hut looks great!!

• A Walk in the Countryside

@Juliette Yes, we did. We also had a lot left over. I wanted to use the extra to make a thatched umbrella, which my husband never did. But it all worked all because we are having to repair the roof and already have the thatch!

• Eva

Ahhh that's really cute I've been looking for the thatch thanks so much for the inspiration and helping me find the thatch!! Rock on!