White Kitchen

Our kitchen has seen many changes in the 16 years since we first built our home. We've made many upgrades and cosmetic changes and did it all ourselves.
The cabinets were oak and stained a dark red mahogany when we first built the house. It was a happy, happy day when I finally painted over all that dark wood.
We replaced formica counters with cherry butcherblock from Lumber Liquidators. I sealed them with several coats of Waterlox.
We had a slipcover made for the bar from galvanized steel by a company that makes commercial range hoods. It is just slid in place over the old formica top and can be easily removed if I ever wanted to change it.
I covered the back of bar and the side of this end cabinet with beadboard wallpaper and added trim to give it a custom look. You can read more details about it here http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2011/08/just-call-me-tim-the-tool-man.html
The curtains are actually table cloths from Target. I added a lining because these window get bright afternoon sun. The curtain rod was made from electrical conduit pipe. Details here http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2009/08/add-ito-a-long-long-list-of-things-i-love-about-this-man.html

Autum H