DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

2 X 4 Candy Corn

Here's another little 2 x 4 wood project that's fun to add to your Halloween decor.
woodworking candy corn decor planks, crafts, halloween decorations, painting, seasonal holiday decor, woodworking projects
Last year I showed you my 2 x 4 Black Cats and Pumpkin. You can see those here: http://www.hometalk.com/2388076/2x4-black-cats-pumpkins
This year we've made some 2 x 4 Candy Corn! Are they not the cutest? I love them!
Our corns measure 5", 4" and 3 1/2". The size is up to you, we just decided to make 3 different sizes for our set. Using scrap 2 x 4s we cut the long sides of each corn on a 15 degree angle. My honey used a clamp to hold the small pieces of wood in place.
Cut the first long side after securing with a clamp safely out of touch with the blade. Please wear safety glasses too please!
Flip your block around and cut the other side with the same angle. Our chop saw has a laser guide which helped to show exactly where the cut would go.
Next my honey used a file to round off the edges. He held it still using the clamp again.
Last step is the white paint. Tape off your section, paint on 3 coats of white paint, remove the tape and let it all dry thoroughly under the ceiling fan. You can visit our blog for step by step details on how I did the painting.
For my final touches, I used the mouse sander again and distressed the top and front sides. Then I added a bit of raffia to go along with the look of my black cats and pumpkin and I was done!
DeeDee