Solarizing Your Halloween Decorations

I may not be in the mood for fall but I am in the mood for Halloween!
When my kids were small I went all out for Halloween and over the years I have toned down the decorating but this year I have a new spark for going all out.
So how many of you have plastic pumpkins with those indoor lights? Or even carveable pumkins that you cannot really light up safely or use outdoors plugged in? Well, I have several and for years I would only light them up on Halloween along the sidewalk if it was not raining. After all the cord was only 6 foot long and it was a real pain to plug them in.
But then it hit me the other day when I was getting fall stuff down finally (not that I have really decorated yet) that I need to light up my pumpkins...why didn't I think of this before?
Put in solar lights, duh!
So now I will be able to light up the eery fall nights up to Halloween with my pumpkins and skull (cannot wait to see if I can some more of these plastic skulls because they look so cool in the dark!)
For the pumpkins I used better lights so that I could really light them up. The $1 solar lights just were not bright enough so I used LED ones I found on clearance. Wow I love my pumpkins now!
Creating. Inspiring. Gardening without the rules!
solarizing lighting halloween decorations, halloween decorations, lighting, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
Doesn't everyone have a box of these?
solar lights...darn it why didn't I think of this sooner?
I have had this plastic skull for years!
These are almost as old as my youngest son
Hard plastic pumpkins are hard to cut out so it looks a bit messy
Had to make a basket for the light to sit in
Don't they look creepy?
the skull is my fave!

The Garden Frog with C Renee