Old Picture Frame Turned Jewelry Organizer

So I had this old picture frame from a yard sale or my mom was tossing it - not sure, but it was in my craft stash, waiting for something fun! My jewelry was taking over the top of my dresser (seriously - could not SEE IT!), so I thought it could be just the right thing for this project. I had paint for the frame, I had some white fabric I could stencil...just needed to pick up some cork and cute push pins and I'd be in business!
Old Picture Frame needing some love....
I removed the glass insert, covered the cardboard covered in cork with white fabric, put it back in the painted (dry!) frameand started stenciling.
Stuck some cute silver pushpins in it, and started hanging my stuff! (And clearing my dresser! Hooray!)
Love giving new life to something old...that also helps keep me organized AND costs only a few bucks - those don't hurt either:)

Naptime Decorator

• Ashley Keltos

how do stud earrings work for this? Do you just stick them in? What about their backs?

• Phyllis

Love this idea for jewelry. I have used cork, with stick on adhesive I've used for photos, phone numbers etc. but love the idea to use a frame and fabric over cork. I made a couple of jewelry holders out of very large 10 -12" embroidery hoops with 2 layers of netting and put some potpourri in between the netting. I decorated with ribbons made into bows. The earrings just put into the netting. each hoop can fit about 20 pairs of earrings.

• Gladys

Artist is Redoute' known for his botanicals, especially roses.