Brooke N
Brooke N
  • Lake Jackson, TX

$10 Book Tower

I needed some extra storage space for my favorite hardback books. After seeing something similar online, I came up with the idea to utilize a small nook space in my laundry room. I brought home a few 2x6 boards and build some simple boxes, which I then screwed into wall studs with 4" screws. I kind of like to overkill it when it comes to attaching things to the wall! It's totally fun and the perfect use of
$10 book tower from 2x6's
$10 book tower from 2x6's
10 book tower, shelving ideas, storage ideas
I screwed the boxes directly into the wall studs on the left
Brooke N

• Leah M

I see you are a fantasy fan... I like fantasy and sf. This is really clever, there is never enough space for books. I could stock a whole room with bookcases and probably still need more space, at least this is a clever way to carve out a bit more space for books! I had a need for a slim DVD case and had a bookcase made for it, now if fits in another spot about the size of yours perfectly, but this would be a great, and less expensive way to have filled that spot. I, however, would never dare put my books on the floor.

• Julie MacBrien

I love your idea and it sure fits my budget. Think I will pass on the 4" nails though