$10 Book Tower

I needed some extra storage space for my favorite hardback books. After seeing something similar online, I came up with the idea to utilize a small nook space in my laundry room. I brought home a few 2x6 boards and build some simple boxes, which I then screwed into wall studs with 4" screws. I kind of like to overkill it when it comes to attaching things to the wall! It's totally fun and the perfect use of an odd space. This could definitely work for display shelves too! More building details are on my blog http://www.killerbdesigns.com/10-book-tower/
$10 book tower from 2x6's
I screwed the boxes directly into the wall studs on the left

Brooke N

• Leah M

I see you are a fantasy fan... I like fantasy and sf. This is really clever, there is never enough space for books. I could stock a whole room with bookcases and probably still need more space, at least this is a clever way to carve out a bit more space for books! I had a need for a slim DVD case and had a bookcase made for it, now if fits in another spot about the size of yours perfectly, but this would be a great, and less expensive way to have filled that spot. I, however, would never dare put my books on the floor.

• Julie MacBrien

I love your idea and it sure fits my budget. Think I will pass on the 4" nails though