Rachael
Rachael
  • Clayton, IN

Complete farmhouse bedroom renovation

A complete bedroom renovation, from new windows, plaster removal, carpeting and wood trim refinishing
http://therehomesteaders.blogspot.com/2012/07/dare-i-say-it.html
complete farmhouse bedroom renovation, bedroom ideas, home improvement, Demolition
Demolition
complete farmhouse bedroom renovation, bedroom ideas, home improvement
complete farmhouse bedroom renovation, bedroom ideas, home improvement, Fixing seams
Fixing seams
complete farmhouse bedroom renovation, bedroom ideas, home improvement, Finished
Finished!
Rachael

• Rachael

It has been an arduous process but we are so happy with how things are looking. If I ever feel discouraged, I look at photos of when we first moved in and feel so much better! I loved the trim too and am happy that it has worked out. Trim seems to make all the difference! And yes, I've documented most of what we have learned from the previous owners. One couple is actually our neighbor, just up the road--they lived here when they were newly married and told me all kinds of adventurous stories. Also, in Iowa, when a house is purchased, the new owners get a very detailed record of the house and it's history. It's been interesting to thumb through that too.

• Z

That's neat about the house history given when you purchase a home in Iowa. The only home my hubby and I purchased (we are both Iowans) was brand new. I wonder how many others have lived there and got our information.