From Piano Bench to Coffee Table

We were in need of a new coffee table and I had just a few days to put it together. I grabbed this beat up piano bench, buried under my stash in the garage. It fit the bill
I cut down the legs to give in the correct height and added a new beefy top and shelf. I went over the yellow paint with brown primer and then a black top coat. I used the Vaseline technique to easily distress the paint and give it that shabby look.
I didn't want to mess with making a new hinged top, so I just put the "new" top right on top of the old one.
I used 5/4" pine wood to create the top, using a Kreg Jig to join all the wood. A few coats of stain and a bit of dry brushing black paint, I've got the look I was trying to achieve.
Adding the bottom shelf where the support was just gave us more room for storage.
I love the way it came out. But I love more that I could repurpose what I already had. :) Check out my blog post for additional information on this project.

Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Painted Therapy