TaniaC
TaniaC
  • Fairfield, IL

The Cabinet that I saved/restored after 50 years in the Chicken Coop!

My Neighbor down the street came to me and asked me if I would like a project to do for a 90 Year Old Lady she knew... She said that she wanted it restored cause it was something that meant a lot to her... So Me being Me said Yes to this project even before I saw what it looked like, cause I just love the challenges and love to bring the old back to new... take a look at what I did to transform this Cabinet
Lot's of Hard work and maybe a few harsh words but Cabinet came out beautiful and The 90 Year old Lady Loves it♥ so it was all worth it..=)
Cabinet before.
Cabinet before.
EWWWW! Is that Chicken Poop or Mud Dobbers???? LOL!
Hardware looks pretty rough and doesn't work.
Shelves stained..lots of work to be done.
TaniaC

• Gail Salminen

@TaniaC what a great job. It was in pretty rough condition. Hope you wore a mask when you working on it being as it was in a chicken coop for 50 years! The finished product is amazing, looks like you even restored the hardware. Someone would never guess where it was stored for the past few decades. Thanks for sharing.

• TaniaC

Thanks Gail ...yes I never do a job without using a mask...it is definitely a must... the lady that I did this for was pleasantly happy with the results 😊

• Lynne Webb

What was the reaction of the owner? At a guess, tears? You did a fantastic job and the use of lime-away is something to remember. I agree it looks like it was the top half of something. But who cares? You gave it new life.