Brooke N
Brooke N
  • Lake Jackson, TX

Hidden Bookcase Door

Our home has a room converted from half of our garage that my husband uses as his "man cave". There's a really awkward closet that wasn't serving much of a purpose. So we worked with Ana White to come up with a door that also serves as a bookcase! And the best part? You can hardly tell it's a door! We chose to install a deadbolt and use the hidden closet for locking gun storage. It cost about $60 in lumber. For more photos and a link to the plans, you can see my post here http://www.killerbdesigns.com/is-it-a-bookcase-or-a-door/
The door is installed on the original closet hinges
hidden bookcase door, doors, entertainment rec rooms, storage ideas
We notched out the trim to make room for the hinges
We installed a deadbolt into the side, which fits into two 4" screws we drilled into the wall studs.
Brooke N

• Joan Spicer

Looking for a better way to cover the Glass Sliding Patio Door off my kitchen/dining area.

• Redcatcec

Wow, this is so interesting and intriguing. Great job.