Concrete Fire-pit With Vertical Carved Stonework

While we were in the process of designing our new home my husband made the mistake of bringing me along on a trip to Vegas for "World of Concrete"..... WOW! I hate Vegas.... not a fan.... but was amazed at all the ways concrete was being used.... and so began my love affair with concrete. Our fire-pit is one of many concrete projects around the house and I'm always looking for creative ways to add a little more.....
If you can dream it up, let the creative juices flow.... supply some muscle and a little framing know-how you can come up with amazing, one-of-a-kind concrete creations for your home.
The base and top were poured at the same time..... The base was framed using melamine board (and lots of reinforcement to prevent bulges/blowouts.... those are no fun). We stamped the top to match the patio below (and above) and added a decorative edge.
The top is stained and sealed and I have done a scratch-coat in preparation for the final carve coat..... this is the really fun part. This is a specialty mix that can be carved at a depth ranging from roughly 1/2" -2" or so..... I mix it, throw it by handfuls onto the prepped surface and then stamp it for texture and start carving.
This is what it looked like before I added color....
Before Color.....
With the color....

Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
The Chirping Frog

• Sonya VonLuehrte
    Sonya VonLuehrte

I am truly amazed at how talented you are. If you can dream it, you can make it! I wish I had that gift. I want to build a fire-pit in my backyard. Now I have an ideal to follow. I would like the seating to be made from concrete. Half circles around the fire-pit and the base to match the sides of the fire-pit.

Thank you for sharing your amazing creations made out of concrete. Now I just need to get busy making my dreams a reality!

Sonya from

Cincy, OH

• Ivory
    Ivory

You just inspired me. we will be diying a project like this, this summer, providing the corona virus has ended.