Fireplace Before and After

This is such an amazing after, I can't believe it's even the same room! We ended up painting the great room, adding more craftsmen style trim around the windows & baseboards, and we completely changed the fireplace. It is so bright and beautiful now and my mantle is actually wide enough to actually decorate! You can get all the details on my blog: www.loveofhomes.com
This makeover completely transformed the whole room. I'm amazed at what even the paint did to change the feel of the room.
Here is our BEFORE...
Here is the AFTER...
We had our contractor do a planked craftsmen style fireplace surround. He did a beautiful job!
We changed our rounded pillars into more of a craftsmen style...They also match the fireplace too.
I found the herringbone tile at Lowes. It took our contractor and my husband a lot more time than they had expected. It was a little more difficult than regular tile, but it turned our gorgeous! For the edge of the hearth, they cut regular marble tile to go around the edge. Our contractor suggested that because the edge of the herringbone might not be as strong if you are sitting there. This was a good idea and looks pretty.
Our Herringbone tile and marble tile edging is from the Allen & Roth line at Lowes.
Here is a before...
After...
Before...
After...
I don't think you can ever go wrong with adding more woodwork to a room! It adds so much character!
SallyLoveOfHomes

• Kaitlyn Martins

we have the same drywalled fireplace, do you mind if i ask how much it was to change it? i dont even know how to bid something like this out
    • SallyLoveOfHomes

We paid for it with a quote for our whole remodel, but I would think it was around 2k for the woodwork. We did demolition and my husband helped with the tile. I think the price changes quite a bit by what kind of wood you use. Our contractor used one called poplar, which was kind of pricey! Good luck!
  • Mary Jo Oldfield

We’re putting the shiplap above our fireplace and I’m wondering what finish you used. My fireplace surround is a white semigloss I believe ( could be gloss) and not sure if the the whole upper area, trim and shiplap should be same! What did ypu use?
  • Katie

This is beautiful! Do you remember what color grey is on the walls?