Asked on Sep 29, 2014

What to do with old push lawnmower

EXmarkThe Chirping FrogLee Cunningham Green
+5

I have an old push lawn mower that I can't part with. Right now it's just sitting out in the yard looking rusty. Any ideas how to make it look attractive as a yard decoration?
  • Z
    Z

Someone asked this same question last month. If you don't like it rusty, you can clean it up with either Naval Jelly or CLR cleaners, then paint and seal it with Rustoleum products. http://www.hometalk.com/4212488/what-can-i-do-with-a-old-reel-lawnmower

• Shirley
    Shirley

@Becky, thank you for the suggestion but what I wanted was some ideas on how to "present" it in a clever way. It was after seeing the ideas used for ladders I even thought to ask here for some ideas.

• Lee Cunningham Green
    Lee Cunningham Green

@30 results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.ShirleyTake the mower right up to the edge of your "new garden," and get some of those wonderful display grasses that grow very tall and plant it right in front of the mower, and then to add age plant a vine type plant, something that flowers in the summer. or Lovely ivy and train it right up the arm of the mower. Then plan the flower bed around it, tearing down, Tulip/ Lilies/ then smaller plants and then smallest ones on the edge or ground cover . It could be adorable!

• The Chirping Frog
    The Chirping Frog

What about using it upside down and planting a vine?

• EXmark
    EXmark

There are a lot of great lawn mower planters. This is a great one for a rusty mower that I found on pinterest.