DIY Art

Create artwork yourself with simple materials and a bit of imagination and paint! All you need is some drywall compound (yes, really!)...
See more here : http://www.soulstyle.ca/diy-art-pears/
diy art, home decor, wall decor
diy art, home decor, wall decor
diy art, home decor, wall decor

• Hi Lori, I did that exact thing (stencil) on another piece I did with the word 'believe' (it's on my blog too)....what I found was that it was difficult to let dry, add a layer, let dry, add a layer, because now the stencil is getting stuck. Does that make sense? If you aren't going for much raised relief, then might be ok if you remove the stencil right away. Have fun!

• Lori

That makes sense. I did see 'believe'. I still might try it because even if I get the three pears on I at least have a surface to spread the next layer on, if you know what I mean. I guess I worry about getting the first one close to perfect and not end up looking like a pear with love handles or something. Thanks.

• Jean Myles

This is something I would like to try. Thanks for sharing.