Rustic Caddy using Reclaimed Fence

I love repurposing unwanted items saving them from the landfill. This is just one thing you can do with old fencing.
It seems everywhere you look these days you can find a caddy of some sort. They can serve many purposes.
In this post I'll show you how I turned unwanted fence and discarded chair parts into something very useful.
After cutting the fence pieces to size, I clamped the pieces together so that I could use my nail gun to quickly assemble the pieces.
I chose a chair spindle to make the handle, using the compound miter saw to cut to size.
I drilled a pilot hole on each side and used a black (drywall) screw to secure the handle.
I did a quick wash of red paint, followed with some watered down black paint to tie the pieces together. Diluting the paint allows the "rustic" to show through. :)
You can see more photos and how I made a larger one over on the blog My Repurposed Life http://bit.ly/NMbJZm

Gail--My Repurposed Life

• Melanie Doolittle Macomber

I am making this today as well. I think it will be great with pots of herbs in it or to hold the remotes on our repurposed chest we use as a coffee table. Thank you for sharing!

• Debbie Perkins

Well thank you!!!! I just yesterday broke down the legs of a broken chair. Put them in my save stuff. I also have some cut off fence tops from a fridge cooler. That will give me a new project! Love it.