Rustic Caddy using Reclaimed Fence

I love repurposing unwanted items saving them from the landfill. This is just one thing you can do with old fencing.
rustic caddy using reclaimed fence, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, It seems everywhere you look these days you can find a caddy of some sort They can serve many purposes
It seems everywhere you look these days you can find a caddy of some sort. They can serve many purposes.
rustic caddy using reclaimed fence, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, In this post I ll show you how I turned unwanted fence and discarded chair parts into something very useful
In this post I'll show you how I turned unwanted fence and discarded chair parts into something very useful.
rustic caddy using reclaimed fence, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, After cutting the fence pieces to size I clamped the pieces together so that I could use my nail gun to quickly assemble the pieces
After cutting the fence pieces to size, I clamped the pieces together so that I could use my nail gun to quickly assemble the pieces.
rustic caddy using reclaimed fence, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, I chose a chair spindle to make the handle using the compound miter saw to cut to size
I chose a chair spindle to make the handle, using the compound miter saw to cut to size.
rustic caddy using reclaimed fence, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, I drilled a pilot hole on each side and used a black drywall screw to secure the handle
I drilled a pilot hole on each side and used a black (drywall) screw to secure the handle.
rustic caddy using reclaimed fence, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, I did a quick wash of red paint followed with some watered down black paint to tie the pieces together Diluting the paint allows the rustic to show through
I did a quick wash of red paint, followed with some watered down black paint to tie the pieces together. Diluting the paint allows the "rustic" to show through. :)
rustic caddy using reclaimed fence, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects, You can see more photos and how I made a larger one over on the blog My Repurposed Life
You can see more photos and how I made a larger one over on the blog My Repurposed Life http://bit.ly/NMbJZm
Gail--My Repurposed Life