Mary Carter
Mary Carter
  • Bel Air, MD

Old fire pit turned into flower bed for my succulents.

I used my old fire pit to create this beautiful succulent bed and added a few details to make it interesting. The bear was a toilet brush holder and now it's a place for succulents to grow.
I punched holds in the bottom to ensure proper drainage and added rich dirt. Place under tree because succulents love shade. Also, succulents requires little maintenance.
old fire pit turned into flower bed for my succulents, flowers, gardening, succulents
Close up of plants.
Close up of plants.

• White Oak Studio Designs

What an amazing and creative repurposing idea. I just added this to my board...."Unusual Garden Pots."

• Rachel Haneline

Ive had trouble with putting my succulents in direct sunlight. They seen to get sunspots on them. They are in doors right now because of the colder temps and they sit on the window sills and have been doing well. Im just nervous to put them back out and not sure what kind of light they should have.