Trish & Bonnie {Uncommon Designs}
Trish & Bonnie {Uncommon Designs}
  • Lexington, SC

Chalkboard Painted Plate Tutorial

Add a personal touch to your home decor by making a simple chalkboard painted plate. We used a beautiful oval platter with scalloped edges! Simple and easy tutorial to bring a personal touch to your home!
Adorable Chalkboard Platter!
Adorable Chalkboard Platter!
A perfect addition to my kitchen bookcase!
Love that it only involves a few supplies!! Simple!
Trish & Bonnie {Uncommon Designs}

• Mary Valentine

Did you do the printing yourself?
    • Hi Mary! We did handwrite word.

Xo Trish
    • Ardale

Very pretty and I like that you can use it with every season by just adding and taking away little decorative items on and around it to fit each season or holiday! Can you hand wash it when it gets dirty and dusty? Will hot soapy water wash or peel the paint off? Simple yet beautiful!

• Ardale

Love this! It would fit in perfectly with any décor from county to luxury! I also like the idea of using the jute rope around the painted edge but also like it without it just as well. Would make a beautiful gift as well. Love the fact you can dress it up or down with each season or holiday and never have to pack it away when the holidays roll around. So many possibilities with it.
  • Toby Morris

Yes, I'll copy this idea. I have a similar white plate that I can use the chalkboard paint on.