Sally Campbell
Sally Campbell
  • United Kingdom

Pimp Your Farm Gate

$10

Our farm cottage wasn't built with wind shelter in mind and a wreath can get blown off the door! This Autumn I decided to "pimp" my farm gate instead!
fall decor flowers outdoor farm fence gate, crafts, fences
I cut some small leaved, autumn toned foliage from my garden and some red berried branches from a local country path. Wear gloves! The pretty ones are usually thorny! I laid them out on the floor of the potting shed and when it looked reasonably symmetrical I wired them together loosely. It was likely to move when I hung it, so this gave me some wiggle room to fix it up once it was hung.
Then I made a centrepiece to hide all the joins in the branches. The stripey ribbon is from Michaels (USA) - I bought it on holiday. I doubled it up with some hessian to give it some body and hot glued some silk leaves and real nuts onto it. I frayed the edges of the hessian to give it a more natural look.
Arrange the pine cones and silk flowers symmetrically and wire them on using floral wire. I really like the mix of natural and artificial elements.
If you look down on it, you can see green garden string I used to tie the whole thing onto my gate.
We're so happy with it! We are still enjoying sunny, dry weather so I am hoping the silk flowers will last a while before they start to look manky. One week old now and still looking fab.
I chose a berry tree that doesn't drop the berries. With a bit of luck I might be able to just change out the flowers and ribbon and reinvent it for Christmas! Come on country folk, let's start a farm gate make-over craze!

Sally Campbell

• Mary Take Massieon

Great job. Love it. I use the plastic ties to hang things outdoors here in Kansas. Makes it easy when it is cold outside. Just go out and clip them.

• Ala Rose

As we all know that flowers bring charm and freshness in our breath and make our moments special. Red real roses in a box are considered to be king of all flowers, their red color attracts eyes and their fragrance produce some kind of magic in air. If you are looking for fresh and pure roses that last more than an year. À LA ROSE is the only quality vendor who is offering you the best roses in form of gifts to make your moments special. I think roses are the best for you to decorate your home with fresh roses.