DIY Vintage Mason Jar Wall Sconce-From an Old Drawer!

Got an old dresser drawer-but no dresser?! With a few inexpensive supplies and a nice old Mason Jar, you can create this DIY Mason Jar Wall Sconce! Check out the full instructions on the blog today: http://countrydesignhome.com/2014/10/02/vintage-mason-jar-wall-sconce-diy/
The completed project, all decked out for fall! Total cost of this project? $1.20!
Supplies you will need. Mason jar (vintage or new), old dresser drawer front, adjustable pipe clamp, bolts, hanging hardware, paint.
The drawer front has a pre-drilled hole in the center. This is where the drawer knob would have been. The wood was painted with Annie Sloan Graphite Chalk Paint, then dry-brushed the medallion and frame with some light blue home-made paint that I had on hand.
This is the clamp I used. It is an adjustable Hose clamp I picked up at a yard sale, but you can purchase them at your local hardware store in the plumbing department.
I drilled a hole in the metal band on the opposite end from the clamp. The clamp will be in the front and visible. This allows you to easily change up the Mason jars if you would like.
I attached the clamp to the board with a small bolt. Make sure your bolt isn't too long or it will stick out the back when you try to hang it!
I attached the mason jar to the board by tightening the clamp with a flat head screwdriver until it was secured. I used the natural neck of the jar, but you can clamp it in the middle too. Just make sure you start with the right sized adjustable clamp.
I added two D-rings to the back for hanging. These are 50# rings, which is a bit of overkill, but I would rather be safe than have a broken mason jar! Check out the complete DIY on Country Design Home. http://countrydesignhome.com/2014/10/02/vintage-mason-jar-wall-sconce-diy/

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Country Design Home

• Fou6698062
    Fou6698062

Smart Up-cycling! Great pictures and step by step instructions. Love it!

• Aimee Elliott
    Aimee Elliott

Nice idea!! I would have liked to see a more encompassing photo of the finished project. It's hard to tell what the finished project looks like on a wall.