Repurposed Kitchen Cabinet Door

$16

There was a "free sign" on a pile of dirty old black cabinet doors at a rummage sale recently so I grabbed a few~ knowing exactly what I wanted to repurpose them as.
repurposed kitchen cabinet door, home decor, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
After getting them home, I gave them all a good bath and got my sample paint stash out because I knew that I had a bright pink that I wanted to use. I went to work and painted it, distressed it and sealed it with a clear wax.
I drilled 2 additional holes next to the existing knob and made sure to space them evenly and then it was off to Hobby Lobby to purchase some new fun & bright girly hardware
Then I purchased a cute vinyl saying that I attatched to it.
And here is that dirty old cabinet door turned into a darling coat rack~ just perfect for the little princess in your life!

To see more: http://"Shabby and Sew Much Mor"

• Rrichardson

I have a large quantity of never used cabinet doors which have never had hardware attached or holes drilled in them. you have given me a great idea how to make use of them. I noticed you didn't mention a primer...the doors I am speaking of have a shiny sort of finish..would I need to prime them?

• Bette

Anna I laughed out loud when I saw your sample paint stash...I have the same stash,got a lot of the samples for free with the coupon and I go into Lowes and check their miss mixed and paint clearance and pick up all kinds of colors from $.50 to a $1.00 each.Cheap way to experiment with colors.

• Anna Tenerelli-Hicks

Bette~ I do the same! I love that store! We have a Lowes about a mile from our home so I'm always in there looking for new colors! :)

• Teresa Grant

What a cool idea...love it..got my mind going..thanks :)