Allison Murray
Allison Murray
  • Brownsville, TX

Glass Pebble Wine Bottle Pendant Lamps

While I don't imbibe myself, I've noticed an awful lot of ladies enjoy the wine. Looking for a purpose for those empties (and, ahem, the wine bottle cutter I kind of impulsively bought online) I enlisted the help of my father to make some nifty new lighting!
lamps wine bottle glass pebble craft, diy, home decor, lighting, repurposing upcycling
Starting with clear wine bottles and covering with frosted and clear white and green glass gems these guys were almost unrecognizable!
Plus, it was a great project for both my wine bottle cutter and a butane torch (another impulse buy but this time a Harbor Freight - have you ever been there? Stuff is crazy cheap!)
You'll use a bottle cutter and your torch to first cut your wine bottles.
And use Liquid Fusion Glue (this stuff is awesome!) to attach glass pebbles for a makeover from an empty to a beautiful pendant lamp!
Using a basic lighting kit you can get at your home improvement store is all you need to start winding this project down.
And while lighting may seem intimidating, you truly need no electrical experience to rock this. It's very simple.
I hope you'll hop on over to check out my tutorial to make your own a iLoveToCreate!

Allison Murray

• Patty

Why do you need the torch to cut the glass? Won't the glass cutter do it?

• Chris

Not really! U scorn the bottle with the cutter and then go over scor line with the little torch. Some folks drop water on scor line then hit it with the torch! If it’s ur 1st time cutting bottles then get a few. Cause ur gonna break or have some chip on u. But don’t get frustrated! These are all great ideas.

• Denise

Could you use plastic bottles instead, like a 24 oz or 2 liter bottle?

• Melissa Swan
      25 minutes ago

If all you have are plastic bottles then i dont see why you couldnt use fairy lights. They wouldnt melt the plastic!

• Lynda wheat

Instructions please

• Kimberly Jensen-Boseke

Very nice
  • Julia

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! Now can I take the wine bottle to like Lowe's and let them make the cut on the wine bottle? And is the lighting kit like a lamp kit? Ive made lamps before.