Melissa W
Melissa W
  • Middletown, OH

Steps to an Unfinished Attic Part 2 The Finished Product.

$50.00

I posted about a year ago my steps that lead to an unfinished attic. Someday I hope to finish the attic for a master bedroom. But for now I wanted the stairwell to look pretty.
painted staircase steps attic furnished, bedroom ideas, home maintenance repairs
As you can see it's drab and just didn't wow me.
This is my attic. I think it will make a great space for my bedroom someday.
I included a picture of my living room to give you a feel of how I like my space.
So the work begins. I started with cleaning and sanding the steps. I only sanded the tops lightly.
Walls
Walls
Lots of finger prints on this never before 1952 walls.
As you can see I decided on a light yellow for the walls. And white for the risers. I stained the tops of the steps.
I also filled all the cracks with painters caulk. This gives them a really nice finished look.
Finished! At last I have finished my steps that lead to an unfinished attic. They might not lead to a room but at least I can look at them and dream. Here you can see I used a wall transfer I bought at Hobby Lobby. I cut the pieces and placed them on the steps. This takes a while but with all the work I have put into these steps it was well worth it.
This door is not my door. I found this on Google search but I am using this to show you what I am thinking I will replace my attic door with. I think it will look wonderful at the bottom of the steps and will allow me to see my work.
If you are interested in seeing more photos, questions and sharing your ideas please click on the link provided. Thanks for looking and remember.. if you can dream it.. you can do it.

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VictoriousVictorians/

• Laurene

Do the wall transfers just stick on or are they stenciled ? You bought them at Hobby Lobby, do they have a large assortment to choose from? Thanks ! Love what you did with your stairs.

• Spi15872845

Absolutely gorgeous! And, YES on the door! =)

• Betty Lee

I love what you did with the quote on the stairs. I am definitely thinking about doing that. I am in the process of setting up my finished attic space as an office/library. Thanks for sharing your creative idea. B. Lee