Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Ceiling

$200.00
Advanced

We had to come up with ways to remodel our entire kitchen on a tight budget. Our new "old" home is a 100 year old Craftsman. This kitchen has never seen a dishwasher or microwave. Our big splurges for this project will be the appliances and quartz counter top, most everything else will be DIY projects. We have started with the ceiling using a creative , out-of-the-box product.
modern farmhouse kitchen ceiling, diy, kitchen design
Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Ceiling using corrugated galvanized metal roofing.
Here's a photo of all the tools needed for this task.
After gutting the kitchen, the first step was to add 1" x 4" pine planks around the entire space.
We spent quite a bit of time measuring due to the fact all our walls and ceiling are uneven. We purchased the exact amount we needed so there was no room for error when cutting.
Tip...pre mark where screws go so rows are straight when placing each sheet.
Original lighting was put back in place. They fit right into the design. So much left to do but loving every minute! Check out my website for additional before and after photos!
Judy Herbert Ainger at Vintage Street Designs

• Joanie

It gives it a Galvanized look......I LOVE it!! Vintage looks.

• Sue

Yes I would. I would mark the screw placement and then predill the holes for the screws because the metal is hard to start the screws in the metal especially while upside down.