How To Dry Basil

Basil is an easy herb to grow in your garden or in a container on your deck. Basil is pretty enough to be grown along side of your other flowering perennials. You can see the full tutorial here: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-dry-basil.html

Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Diy Design Fanatic

• Dee

I have always grown chives, This year i grew alot of herbs in pots on the deck.I dried and put in jars (square Jars is my vote) with the shaker tops. I did however bring my rosemary in and put it in my kitchen window. I have used alot of it this winter. Looking forward to planting again in spring. We have a farmers market in my little town and i had some great conversations with a lady there about herbs.Will try to plant some in the ground this year .Hope they come back.

• Christine Tripi

I wash and pat dry my basil leaves and freeze them. When I want to make pesto, i take a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of frozen leaves and quickly put them into and electric mini chopper to mince the fresh leaves then add the fresh garlic, olive oil, pecorino grated cheese, oregano, salt, pine nuts and whip...great pesto. Once you make your pesto up you can freeze it in a plastic ice cube tray for individual servings when needed.