How To Dry Basil

Basil is an easy herb to grow in your garden or in a container on your deck. Basil is pretty enough to be grown along side of your other flowering perennials. You can see the full tutorial here: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-dry-basil.html

Diy Design Fanatic

• Dee

I have always grown chives, This year i grew alot of herbs in pots on the deck.I dried and put in jars (square Jars is my vote) with the shaker tops. I did however bring my rosemary in and put it in my kitchen window. I have used alot of it this winter. Looking forward to planting again in spring. We have a farmers market in my little town and i had some great conversations with a lady there about herbs.Will try to plant some in the ground this year .Hope they come back.

• Christine Tripi

I wash and pat dry my basil leaves and freeze them. When I want to make pesto, i take a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of frozen leaves and quickly put them into and electric mini chopper to mince the fresh leaves then add the fresh garlic, olive oil, pecorino grated cheese, oregano, salt, pine nuts and whip...great pesto. Once you make your pesto up you can freeze it in a plastic ice cube tray for individual servings when needed.