My Favorite Room: The Sunroom Office

Wanted to join in the fun and show y'all my favorite room in my house- the sunroom. It's where I go to read, relax, blog or just sit and watch the ripples on the pool at night. When we bought the house it was painted a dark muddy brown color, but after a coat of Sherwin Williams Sea Salt it got a big breath of fresh air. I painted the desk myself from a Craigslist find, and the chair is an extra that came with my kitchen table.
I also love the Mohawk Forte rug that I found at Home Depot. My son spends many hours on his knees playing with his trains so a rug really helps on top of the hardwoods.
Sunroom with queen anne desk
Sunroom with queen anne desk
Mohawk Forte rug and sign that says "Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends."
My painted Craigslist desk
My painted Craigslist desk
Sturdy canvas slipcovered loveseat is great for my 4 year old son to play on!
You can see all the before and after paint photos here:
Beth at Unskinny Boppy

• Becky Brown

How do you keep the furniture and rug from fading with no window treatments? I'm trying to figure out how to convert a sunroom into a home office.

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

this room is gorgeous, @Beth at Unskinny Boppy ! Everything works so well together. I love the colors. What a great work space. I'm clipping this room!

• Tanya

A lovely inviting sun room Beth. I could sit here all day and relax!!!