My Favorite Room: Cozy, Colorful and Eclectic Master Bedroom

In 2009, we purchased a lake home in a great location and VIEW but as with many things we had to make a compromise. When we first toured the home the master bedroom was anything but masterly. It's outdated, over scaled furnishings all but masked any potential the room had. We took the plunge anyway, moved in and painted what we hoped would be a cheerful green. Almost immediately we knew the green we chose wasn't working, but with a little one on the way it had to do for the time being.
Fast forward almost 2 years later and enough was enough it was time to lighten this space up. This time around I opted for a neutral backdrop so that I could play with color, pattern and texture throughout. It's a not a large space by any means but the repetition of color helps to draw your eye around the room. We also wanted to infuse a good bit of our personality into the space. By sewing the curtains, pillows and reupholstering my great grandmother's chairs we were able to do this for a fraction of the price it might have cost otherwise. Other special touches including my own artwork and sentimental objects like my husband's favorite childhood model car that sits on his nightstand make this a space we can call home and we couldn't be happier with the results.
For more pictures and information on all of our DIY projects as well as a complete source list visit the link below.
http://www.ourlakelife.com/2012/04/25/master-bedroom-the-source-list/
My Favorite Room
The Before
My Favorite Room
My Favorite Room
My Favorite Room

Maria S

• Bonnie

Love the facelift! Looks very classy and grownup now, without sacrificing color. Perfect.

• B. Enne

WOW, so fresh, and pretty! Was the former colour Dill Pickle perchance?