Roses

I used banana peel to fertilize. I heard this from my son-in-law who is a Master Gardener, then read it on Hometalk. As my roses had been looking sad the past couple of years I was ready to try anything. See 1 mo. results.
Roses I used banana peel to fertilize. I heard this from my son-in-law who is a Master Gardener, Then read it on Hometalk. As my roses had been looking sad the past couple of years I was ready to try anything. See 1 mo. results.

• Sandra

How do you get cuttings to root? I would love trying this. I know my mom had luck with "Rooto" with geraniums. I have rooted and am growing avacados from seed. But I do not have a clue how to root rose cuttings.

• Marti

My neighbor, a very dear little lady, rooted roses by taking a cutting of the flower, below some of the leaves, sticking it in the ground where she wanted it, and placing a canning jar over it. I never tried it, but want to. It worked for her.

@Lisa McDaniel : If you will post your question as a new question using the red "ask" button at the top of the page, more people will see it and you will get better answers. (And, it would help if you could post a photo of what's going on with your roses.)

• Lois T

All the flowers and plants in my yard; every month....especially on my roses. Directions are on some of the bags or on the computer.