My Garden

Here's a couple picture of my plants this year in my garden. What a difference a little rain and some Osmocote make.
I am especially pleased with my Angel Trumpet. I was given cuttings from a friend three years ago and every fall I take cuttings and start new plants. Because of the mild winter and protection my A.T. all came back that I planted in the ground. As you can imagine I have them everywhere and Wow the smell is amazing.
I bought the two Elephant Ear plants this year. I LOVE the Alocasia Nigra. It has to be my favorite of all of my ee because of the large dark upright shiny leaves.
I took Erica's advice and planted some Moon Flower and I am so glad I did. They are just starting to bloom - gorgeous large blooms and they smell wonderful.
Happy Gardening!!
Angel Trumpet - Brugmansia
Angel Trumpet
Alocasia Nigra Upright growing black to purple foliage.
Calocasia Diamond Head Very large purplish black leaves.
Moon Flower Just starting to bloom
Moon Flower

• CAROL H

Leslie, I don't think I have to worry about that here in Georgia. I have 6 acres, in the woods. The deer, squirrels, rabbits... won't eat it. The plant you are referring to is Datura, it is related to Brugmansia, both are poisonous. There are many plants in our landscapes and homes that are poisonous, just don't eat them : )

• CAROL H

@Angie Base I'm sorry for your loss. There are n umerous plants in the garden that are poisonous as well. We just have to be very careful when it comes to pets and children. When my daughter was a baby we had Oleanders planted beside the house and I would never let her out of my sight.for fear of her getting hold of those plants. When she was older and could understand, I explained how some plants are very dangerous and they can hurt you if you touch or put them in your mouth. As for pets, I have one small dog and he has never offered to eat anything in the yard.

You certainly have the magic touch when it comes to Brugmansia, Carol.