Beth @ MaryBethsPlace
Beth @ MaryBethsPlace
  • Seal Beach, CA

A New Look for an Antique Dresser

I just gave this antique dresser a makeover using a little bit of paint and a whole lot of love!
painted furniture antique dresser white country chic, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
After I cleaned and prepped the dresser, I painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. I love the soft, creamy color of this white! Then I slightly distressed the edges to mimic natural wear and painted the existing hardware.
And in the spirit of fall and its bounty, I chose an apple harvest theme. I used local produce and an antique milk jug from a dairy that is still in business here in Southern California!
What a difference a little bit of paint and a whole lot of love can do!
Beth @ MaryBethsPlace

• Linda J

BTW, I am NOT Linda from Miller Place, NY. Don't know why that happens. I am Linda J from Clearwater, FL so don't go after the wrong person!!!

• Terri Henry

I waited this long to let the smoke clear. I have pieces I wouldn't dare paint, and I have pieces I know would look better painted. I'm chicken that I'll screw it up and make it horrible! Kudos to you Beth for following your vision and making that dresser look alive!