Patricia S
Patricia S
  • Madison, AL
Asked on Aug 9, 2012

Does anyone have a solution to get rid of wild violets?

Patricia SWalter ReevesCheryl K
+3

Having tried several commerical products without success, for the past two years, I've tried to dig each individually to clear them from lawn and garden beds. This year they're overtaking 2 sections of lawn and are so thick I can't dig without destroying the sod..somebody HELP!!
  • Walter Reeves

In what lawn grass are they growing? That will determine what product to use.

• Cheryl K

I have the same problem along with a viney type weed the wavy round leaves that has almost taken over the back yard. Our grass is very thin shade grass.

• Patricia S

Zoysia...full sun to part shade..

• Patricia S

Walter: lawn is Zoysia..(hope I spelled that correctly) ....Cheryl: the wild violets grow in full sun, total shade or any combination..I've thankfully not had the viney type weed (YET)..

• Walter Reeves

Good news...Ortho Chickweed & Oxalis killer can be used on zoyisa.....and it's death on a cracker for any wild violets you have.

• Patricia S

Thank you thank you!!! I'm trying it immediately!!