Anna M
Anna M
  • Cottonwood, CA

How to Remove Nail Polish from Hardwood & Laminate Floors

I get asked all the time how to get nail polish off of things so I decided to start testing some of my theories. I started by painting my salon-quality nail polish on the wood floor and then I tried using hydrogen peroxide, De-Solv-It and rubbing alcohol to get it off. I think you'll be surprised at which product got it off and how EASY it was!
how to remove nail polish from hardwood amp laminate floors, cleaning tips, hardwood floors
One of the theories didn't work at all!  This is even the one I found someone recommended online!
One of the theories didn't work at all! This is even the one I found someone recommended online!
At last there was a solution!
At last there was a solution!
Completely gone!!!
Completely gone!!!
I painted three swatches of bright red polish on a scrap of flooring to see which product would take it off.
Anna M

• Sherrie

Getting ready to try this! Fingers crossed.

• Dee

Acetone the kind you buy in Lowes or HD will take off nail polish, and paint. It will not hurt the floor. In fact some people clean their laminate floors once a year with acetone