Craft Room DIY Desk Tutorial

I have a small 10x10ft craft room in my home and needed to find a desk that would provide workspace and storage. After scouring the web and nearby stores, I figured my best option would be to build my desk using some simple supplies.
I purchased some white kitchen base cabinets from Lowe's, plywood for the base of the desktop, and laminate flooring for a finished look on the top. Add a little molding and it was perfect!
Two places to sit, 10 feet of workspace, plenty of storage, and one happy crafter!
I give step by step instructions on my site:
http://howtonestforless.com/2012/07/27/craft-room-desk-tutorial/
Overall craft room
Building the desk with white cabinets
Laminate flooring for the desktop
Drilled a hole for all those computer cords
Add toe kicks and molding for a finished look
Two places for sitting, plenty of workspace, and storage galore!

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
How to Nest for Less - Erin

• Denise Lynch
    Denise Lynch

I did this and used an old door that was smooth on both sides, gave it a couple of coats of paint and voila-great work space. Later I did the habitat for Humanity cabinets for my sewing room, including a countertop that I cut in half to fit both ends and used the middle to make an ironing station. This is a very good idea and thank you for sharing. When you are on a budget, it helps to have helpful and affordable options and solutions.

• Sandy Rolon
    Sandy Rolon

I like this idea, shorten the middle one with one cabinet to place printer in the middle to simulate separation, shelving on the wall instead of boards. A your side my side to keep my ONE tween's computer activity close to my Military peripheral vision and Soldiering monitoring stealth mode, LOL. Never liked computers in the bedrooms, this is perfect...