Iron and Wood Bench Make Over. Who knew it looked so bad before!!!!

We've had this bench right outside our front door for years. We sit there to read the mail and newspaper, watch the birds, wave at the neighbors and talk about how much the lawn needs mowed. One day while in a what can I paint now binge, I looked at, I mean REALLY LOOKED AT, that bench. Wow, it was rough looking. I took it apart, scrubbed, sanded, painted and put it back together. That sounds so easy,
After all the new flowers were potted we have a pretty spot to rest.  A friend pointed out I spelled Le fleurs incorrectly so I repainted the lettering on the bucket but didn't take more pictures.  I love spring time!
After all the new flowers were potted we have a pretty spot to rest. A friend pointed out I spelled Le fleurs incorrectly so I repainted the lettering on the bucket but didn't take more pictures. I love spring time!
It's a great, sturdy bench.  It was so pretty when we first saw it.  Funny thing, I still see it that way.  That's what my husband says about me!  :)  I don't let him go to the eye doctor.
It's a great, sturdy bench. It was so pretty when we first saw it. Funny thing, I still see it that way. That's what my husband says about me! :) I don't let him go to the eye doctor.
This is a close up of the floral design on the back.  Lots of wonderful details!
This is a close up of the floral design on the back. Lots of wonderful details!
Clean, smooth and painted.  Feels even better to sit on than before!   Let me know what you think!
Clean, smooth and painted. Feels even better to sit on than before! Let me know what you think!
Shabby French Country Cottage Basement

• Laria Whitlock

Wow! That's looks fantastic! We just bought this set at the thrift store for $50. Another project added to our winter to-do list! Every piece of wood needs to be replaced. =D

iron and wood bench make over who knew it looked so bad before, decks, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, painted furniture
  • Carol Claremont

We have a similar bench and my son is going to replace the boards we sit on and leave the back ones. I am going to paint the slats red and the iron glossy black.