Shirley C
Shirley C
  • Humble, TX

Painted two toned kitchen cabinets

I had maple cabinets and they had yellowed with time. I was ready for a change. We may be downsizing in the coming years so I didn't want to go to the expense of a complete kitchen makeover, such as countertops, new appliances, etc. I opted to paint my cabinets and add hardware.
The island got new trim also. Working around white appliances seemed like it was going to be a challenge, but choosing to go
Before photo
Before photo
Kitchen makeover with dark and light cabinets mixed
Dealing with white appliances turned into fun as I surrounded the white with dark, making the tower look like a custom built piece.
The built in desk was also painted dark giving it a built in custom feel.
Shirley C

• Shirley C

Thanks y'all! I am now in a new home and you won't believe this! I walked into my new kitchen and the cabinets were already two toned. LOVE LOVE! :) I'll have to share my new space with you guys soon!

• Home on Hidden Oaks

Wow, what a great transformation! It looks really great! Thanks for sharing!