How to Add Privacy to a Deck~ Wood Lattice Screen!

We have huge trees on 2 sides of our backyard which give us wonderful privacy but our 3'rd side was definitely lacking some! So, we added this framed wood lattice to the railing of our deck and secured it with support boards in the back. Pots of jasmine put on each side have begun to trail up and wind their way around the lattice and hanging lanterns with an S hook (and battery operated candles) give off a soft glow on a warm Summer evening.Thanks for stopping by! ~Vanessa
Lattice creates privacy on the one side of our deck where we really needed it!
Support boards in the back attach the lattice to the deck railing.
Pots of jasmine are growing up the lattice and smell so wonderful when we're sitting outside.

30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
At The Picket Fence

• Thomas
    Thomas

How did you attach the supports to the railings?

• Leslie
    Leslie

Hello Vanessa, I went to your blog and am still confused about the construction. I am hoping that you will answer my questions. Did you make the channel that the lattice sits in or did the whole screen come like that. If you made it can you give info on what you used to construct it? It looks like 3 pieces of slat wood with the screw going into the base piece and then into the deck railing. Also can you please tell me how you attached the braces to the deck railing and the top of the lattice? This is exactly what I am looking to do to the end of my deck but you are the only one I can find that sort of gives instructions. I would appreciate your help with this. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

• Jeanine Elizalde
    Jeanine Elizalde

I want to do this on my deck but it has metal railings. How would you secure it?

• Gladys
    Gladys

Ref: Add Privacy to Deck

Beautiful addition to deck! Please provide instructions for creating this project.

Many thanks,

Melissa

dickerson501@aol.com

• Valerie Orwick
    Valerie Orwick

We are going to do this. We like our privacy with our pool.