How to Add Privacy to a Deck~ Wood Lattice Screen!

We have huge trees on 2 sides of our backyard which give us wonderful privacy but our 3'rd side was definitely lacking some! So, we added this framed wood lattice to the railing of our deck and secured it with support boards in the back. Pots of jasmine put on each side have begun to trail up and wind their way around the lattice and hanging lanterns with an S hook (and battery operated candles) give off a soft glow on a warm Summer evening.Thanks for stopping by! ~Vanessa
Lattice creates privacy on the one side of our deck where we really needed it!
Support boards in the back attach the lattice to the deck railing.
Pots of jasmine are growing up the lattice and smell so wonderful when we're sitting outside.
At The Picket Fence

• Denise

did you make this yourself or buy it?? we have been looking for exactly this and can't locate a source? any help would be appreciated thanks

• Abk33118651

HOW ARE YOU SECURING THE SUPPORT BOARDS TO THE DECK RAILING

• Thomas

How did you attach the supports to the railings?

• Leslie

Hello Vanessa, I went to your blog and am still confused about the construction. I am hoping that you will answer my questions. Did you make the channel that the lattice sits in or did the whole screen come like that. If you made it can you give info on what you used to construct it? It looks like 3 pieces of slat wood with the screw going into the base piece and then into the deck railing. Also can you please tell me how you attached the braces to the deck railing and the top of the lattice? This is exactly what I am looking to do to the end of my deck but you are the only one I can find that sort of gives instructions. I would appreciate your help with this. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

• Jeanine Elizalde

I want to do this on my deck but it has metal railings. How would you secure it?

• Amy Masker

This is exactly what I want to do on our deck railing. Not sure how to secure it though.
  • Thelma Bast

Thanks I've been looking for something like this.

• Sarah

Go to her blog, and I think this will help I want to do this too!!