Old Piano remnants made into an art piece above the bed

I recycled some remnants of a very old piano that belonged to a friends grandmother... It had been at rest in his Shed for years and thank goodness he thought of me before it ended up on the burn pile... He said he had been saving it just because it look so neat with all the carved wood but decided he wanted to clean up his shed and was doing some tossing out... When he told me what he had I never imagined how beautiful it would be when he bought it to me... The pieces were covered with so much dust and dirt but I saw right through that and with a little TLC cleaned them up and made it into a shelf above the bed...My Friend now wants his pieces back LOL! J/K
I love my New shelf♥
I made the sign too..;) It needed a special saying above it ♥
The Decorative front part of the piano. I have the other piece just like this one still that i haven't done anything with yet... Thought maybe a stenciled saying would look good.
The shelf was from the piece I think that goes over the keys It was hinged together with another piece that looks just like it...Or I thinking It may have been the top of the piano??
I had some metal shelf holders lying around and the piece I used for the shelf fit perfectly I painted it Brown.
It almost looks like it used to be part of an Old Ivers & Pond Mahogany Victorian Upright Piano???

TaniaC

• Gladys

If this piano is very old, it may well have been hand carved! The wood grain (mahogany?) is beautiful. Also, the keys may very well be authentic ivory! Good wood for furniture making is getting more scarce and expensive to find.

• Dory

Love it
    I found your post trying to come up with add on to mine. I saved my mom's front panel when we had to smash piano in clean/sale of her 55 years in her home
    I'm so glad I saved. Redid my daughter s bedroom into dining room and added panel to wall. Wanted to put sign board on too but may add something else...love yours