Shirley mercer
Shirley mercer
  • Daytona Beach, FL
Asked on Aug 11, 2012

clean washer machine

SherrieGlenitaAmy W.
+4

my washer is got rings around tob
  • Miriam I

Did you see this post about cleaning your washing machine with vinegar? http://www.hometalk.com/491949/laundry-tips-using-vinegar-part-1

• Do you have hard water? That may be causing the rings your experiencing. Once clean and most will tell you using vinegar and run it though a wash load will help remove this stain. But if you do not find the source of this it will continue to return. Have your water hardness checked. You may need a softener installed.

• Glenita

One quart vinegar in wash cycle. Vinegar also works good as fabric softner especially if you have someone with allergies to dyes and perfumes.

• Amy W.

I agree with Glenita....Vinegar...It is the best for so many things..I put it in the rinse compartment in my dishwaher too... glasses come out spotless and it keeps the dihwasher clean......

• Glenita

I also take my old baking soda out of the refrigerator and dump down both sides of my sink , add vinegar to it and it foams up and cleans out grease and smells that accumulate in there. I usually use the vinegar that i clean the coffemaker out with. Do it all on same day that way the vinegar is hot and melts the grease. I never have a stopped up sink, and it smells fresh when i am done.

• Sherrie

We had a used appliance store. We cleaned everything with the Works Toilet Bowl cleaner. It has a weak muratic acid and it will clean it, just rinise. If you can't find it Snow Bol will also work. It will eat the grime away.

• Sherrie

We had a used appliance store. The works is a weak muratic acid, or snow bowl cleaner it will remove the Inge and had were build up. If I doesn't muratic acid will.