DIY Kiddie Cup Caddy

8.8K Views
Please tell me I'm not the only mommy that's completely frustrated with how many cups my kiddos go through in one day!? We have 5 kids + us makes 7. Seven cups is a lot, but trust me when I tell you, washing 14 cups, often times more, is ALOT ALOT. Sure we have a dishwasher, but the issue is moreso that no one can remember who's taken what cup. When in doubt, go grab another!? Ummmm, no!! We end up with a counter and table full of partially full cups with no owners which results in a ton of waste and lots more washing. Check out my solution! The DIY Kiddie Cup Caddy!!
I picked up (6) 3in. PVC pipe caps from Lowe's. There were lots of options, but I really wanted something that was fully enclosed on the bottom just in case the cups leaked, spilled or sweat. I went with chalkboard stickers, a chalk pen and a cute little package of multicolored button brads from Michael's (don't forget to use a their 50% off coupon code for online purchases by typing in SPOOKY50 at check out between now and 10/11/2014). I used a piece of scrap wood that was 9 1/4 x 12 and .75in screws.
  • diy kiddie cup caddy, chalkboard paint, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling
I predrilled my bottoms and sides (since I was using button brads for a little more personalization) For more info on this step, hop on over to my blog!
I made the bottom board out of a scrap piece of wood and some spare 1/2 round molding. Here's the finished product!!! Finally we have cup containment!!
For more details and a few handy tips on finishing this project, please be sure to head over to http://simplesoutherncharmblog.com/diy-kiddie-cup-caddy/ If you have any questions, ask away :-) Thanks a bunch!! xo

Suggested materials for this project:

Simple Southern Charm

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question
      • AvonelleRed
        AvonelleRed Montgomery, AL

What a neat idea! I think I would have probably just found a way to personalize each person's cup, but this is a great alternative.

• Jflaschber
          Jflaschber

That is a fabulous idea!!!! And I so hear you. We too have five kids and constantly battle the glass game. We tried the personalized cups, that did not work for us. We would of had to have multiple personalized cups per individual. I am going to try this idea.